Friday, September 23, 2016

Quarter 1 Math Exam Study Guide (Chapters 1-4)

Quarter 1 Math Exam Study Guide

Unit 1 Chapter 1 Place Value

Lesson 1.1      I can use numbers in different ways (position, label, measure, count)

Lesson 1.2     I can read and write numbers through 999, 999
*know how to find the value of a digit
*know which place each digit is in
*know how to write numbers in four different ways
Vocabulary: expanded form, short word form, standard form, word form

Lesson 1.3      I can use logical reasoning to solve problems

Lesson 1.5      I can read and write numbers through 999,999,999


Unit 1 Chapter 2 Money

Lesson 2.1       I can compare numbers up to nine digits ex. 323,332,223 <  323, 332, 233      

Lesson 2.2       I can order numbers up to nine digits (from least to greatest, or greatest to least)

Lesson 2.3       I can count and compare amounts of money 

Lesson 2.4       I can make change from money     

Lesson 2.5       I can round numbers and money amounts

Lesson 2.6       I can use a bar graph to compare data.


Unit 2 Operations and Algebraic Reasoning

Chapter 3 Add and Subtract Whole Numbers

Lesson 3.1       I can use addition and subtraction rules
Vocabulary: zero property, commutative property, associative property

Lesson 3.2      I can use mental math to add and subtract 2 and 3 digit numbers
Vocabulary:   compensation, break apart

Lesson 3.3       I can use rounded numbers to estimate sums and differences (make sure you fully understand Lesson 2.5 about how to round numbers)

Lesson 3.4       I can decide whether an estimated or an exact answer is needed to solve a problem


Lesson 3.5       I can add whole numbers
Vocabulary: regroup

Lesson 3.6       I can subtract whole numbers with up to five digits
*Check your work by doing the inverse operation
Vocabulary:   inverse operations

Lesson 3.7       I can subtract when some digits are zeros

Lesson 3.8       I can add and subtract whole numbers with up to six digits

Chapter 4: Multiplication and Division Basic Facts

Lesson 4.1 Algebra: Multiplication Properties and Division Rules
Vocabulary: Commutative Property, Property of one, Zero Property, Associative Property
I can use multiplication properties and division rules.

Lesson 4.2 Algebra: Relate Multiplication and Division
Vocabulary: array, fact family
I can use multiplication facts to help you divide.

Lesson 4.3 Patterns in Multiplication and Division
Vocabulary: square number, multiple
I can use a multiplication table to discover patterns in multiplication and division.

Lesson 4.6 Multiply and Divide with 11 and 12
I can use a multiplication table to multiply and divide with 11 and 12.

Lesson 4.7 Multiply Three Factors
Vocabulary: Associative Property
I can multiply three factors.




No comments:

Post a Comment