Monday, September 19, 2016

Chapter 3 Add and Subtract Whole Numbers Study Guide

Chapter 3 Add and Subtract Whole Numbers

Lesson 3.1       I can use addition and subtraction rules
Vocabulary:   zero property, commutative property, associative property


Lesson 3.2      I can use mental math to add and subtract 2 and 3 digit numbers
Vocabulary:    compensation, break apart


Lesson 3.3       I can use rounded numbers to estimate sums and differences (make sure you fully understand Lesson 2.5 about how to round numbers)


Lesson 3.4       I can decide whether an estimated or an exact answer is needed to solve a problem



Lesson 3.5       I can add whole numbers
Vocabulary:   regroup


Lesson 3.6       I can subtract whole numbers with up to five digits
*Check your work by doing the inverse operation
Vocabulary:    inverse operations


Lesson 3.7       I can subtract when some digits are zeros



Lesson 3.8       I can add and subtract whole numbers with up to six digits

No comments:

Post a Comment