Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday September 23, 2016

Hi everyone,

This morning students wrote their vocabulary quizzes for lesson 5 and almost everyone aced them! Way to go! It's great to see how they are trying to use the vocab words in their speaking each day. During Social Studies we had a discussion about the unequal rights and opportunities that African American people faced in America during the 1950's. This lead to a thoughtful talk about racism, gun violence, and how to stand up against prejudices. I am loving all of the questions during our SS classes and I appreciate how considerate everyone is while listening to each other speak. During Math students wrote their chapter 3 tests which I have marked and returned.

I have to say a huge THANK YOU to all my darling grade 4 students who made me feel SO SPECIAL AND LOVED today! They planned a little surprise party during the morning break to celebrate my birthday, which is tomorrow. You are such thoughtful, caring people and I am proud to be your teacher. Thank you for the amazing cards, gifts, and hugs. YOU'RE ALL THE BEST!

HOMEWORK

Please read this script and listen to the audio,. On a piece of paper write a comment about it. If most people liked it, we will consider doing it for Language Festival.

http://jmsalsich.edublogs.org/2010/03/06/readers-theater-wayside-school/
http://jmsalsich.edublogs.org/files/2010/03/Readers-Theater-Wayside.pdf



SCIENCE: Watch Unit 3 Lesson 2 online


MATH: Sign Math test


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment